At Auto Haus VW we decided to ask our Facebook friends whether they preferred to lease or buy and the answer was almost unanimous: Buy. About 80% of consumers plan to spend cash on or finance a new vehicle. That leaves one fifth of drivers that choose to not own the vehicle they drive. At Auto Haus we think there are serious benefits to both. In case you aren’t aware of your options when you need a new vehicle, Here’s a quick run down on the pros and cons of leasing and buying a car.
- If you want to drive a new car every couple of years, with all the latest technology, then leasing is the way to go.
- If you want to drive a high-end or luxury model but don’t have a lot of cash on hand for an upfront payment leasing can make that happen.
- Leases always offer lower monthly payments than an equivalent finance plan for the same vehicle.
- If you never want to have to worry about dealing with paying straight out of pocket for maintenance, leasing is the best option.
- If you want a car long-term, that you will drive until the wheels fall off, then buying a new car is the way to go.
- With a lease you have to plan on making payments forever; when you buy a car you stop making payments when you’ve paid off the loan.
- If you’re a home mechanic or want to customize your vehicle, then buying is certainly the way to go.
- If you’re trying to build equity, owning a car will do that while leasing will not.
- If you drive a lot each year, you might incur extra charges on a lease. Most lease agreements stipulate a maximum yearly mileage that you can drive. Buying is the best option for drivers who drive long distances.
Visit Auto Haus VW for Your Next New Vehicle
At Auto Haus Volkswagen, we have a great selection of vehicles in our showroom, and our qualified staff is happy to tell you about them. We can also help you find the purchase or lease option that’s right for your budget and lifestyle. Come visit Auto Haus in Winnipeg today, and let us help you find your next new car, buy or lease.